Waiting on Wednesday 230


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"In the Shadow of Blackbirds"
by Cat Winters
Amulet Books
Release Date: April 2, 2013

The following description is from goodreads.com:

In 1918, the world seems on the verge of apocalypse. Americans roam the streets in gauze masks to ward off the deadly Spanish influenza, and the government ships young men to the front lines of a brutal war, creating an atmosphere of fear and confusion. Sixteen-year-old Mary Shelley Black watches as desperate mourners flock to séances and spirit photographers for comfort, but she herself has never believed in ghosts. During her bleakest moment, however, she’s forced to rethink her entire way of looking at life and death, for her first love—a boy who died in battle—returns in spirit form. But what does he want from her?

Featuring haunting archival early-twentieth-century photographs, this is a tense, romantic story set in a past that is eerily like our own time.
I really can't wait to read this book! I've read similar books that have used antique photographs within the story, and I've loved them! This sounds soooo good!


What are you waiting for this week???

15 comments

  1. This is definitely on my TBR list. I think the cover is soooo creepy! Thankfully it will be out soon. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! Cover is pretty creepy, but I like it!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, creepy cover and it sounds like a good/interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this just for the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks like a creeper! I don't read too many of those, but maybe it's time to branch out!

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my wishlist too, it sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I was surprised that you picked this book. It looks kind of creepy lol

    You'll have to let me know how it is after you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the cover!!! It just gives me the chills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Yes, Yes! I have the galley from NetGalley but haven't gotten to it yet. I can't wait! I have a feeling I'll be getting the book though!!
    Great pick Carrie!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo! I love a good ghost story. Great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful but creepy cover :) I love ghost stories, but I'm not sure about the time setting. Since the blurb sounds awesome, I will put this book on my TBR nonetheless. Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my WOW @ AnjaIsRreading

    ReplyDelete
  12. I featured this one a couple weeks ago and can't wait for it either!! I love that quite a few book with themes and settings like this one are coming out soon :) Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am super excited to read this one! I'm definitely going to be picking up a copy when it's released.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not sure, if I'd read it, because of the time. But that cover is amazing and I just finished a ghost story, so maybe... :) Thanks for sharing!

    Our WoW this week.

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!