Waiting on Wednesday (86)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"The Queen of Kentucky"
by Alecia Whitaker
Poppy
Release Date: Jan 2, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Fourteen-year-old Kentucky girl Ricki Jo Winstead, who would preferred to be called Ericka, thank you very much, is eager to shed her farmer's daughter roots and become part of the popular crowd at her small town high school. She trades her Bible for Seventeen magazine, buys new "sophisticated" clothes and somehow manages to secure a tenuous spot at the cool kids table. She's on top of the world, even though her best friend and the boy next door Luke says he misses "plain old Ricki Jo."
Caught between being a country girl and wannabe country club girl, Ricki Jo begins to forget who she truly is: someone who doesn't care what people think and who wouldn't let a good-looking guy walk all over her. It takes a serious incident out on Luke's farm for Ricki Jo to realize that being a true friend is more important than being popular.

As soon as I saw this one on Juju's page last week, I knew I had to read it! It looks so cute!! Love the title and the cover, too:)

What are you waiting for this week???

27 comments

  1. I saw it recently too, and it sounds delightful! I love your pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that cover?! So simple and yet so vibrant. It sounds like an adorable read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely sounds so cute! It kind of reminds me of Ten Miles Past Normal and Dairy Queen; all country kind of books. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis looks like a cute story. I'm adding it to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    -Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute seems to be the word to describe this. :) But that was the first thing I thought too. I also like the cover. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute story. Maybe not my kind of thing. Hope you enjoy it though!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I definitely want this one. It sounds interesting! http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this book, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! I gotta say though, it sounds a bit like Ten Miles Past Normal, but great pick! :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute cover and the summary sounds really intersting. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, great pick! Sounds like such a fun, cute read with an empowering message behind it. Thanks for putting it on my radar :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so cute! Looking forward to it!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-15-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds cute and interesting ;)

    Old Followers! :)

    Check out my Wow, http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen! I can't wait!

    PS Thanks so much for the shout out/link back :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like sweet and quirky read.

    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! This sounds so cute. Going on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cover!! Such a vivid colour!

    I'll have to check that one out :-)

    Here is my WoW - http://www.stitchreadcook.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    Aislynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was definitely thinking the same thing when I saw it on Juju's post. I love the cover too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah. I agree. This does sound like a nice story. It sounds kind of light, but it may have more substance than one thinks. Nice choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds like a fun read.(I think I'd rather be a country girl any day, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoy coming of age books and you can't go wrong with a southern setting. I'd like to read this one too!

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
  21. This one does look cute and it sounds like it might even work for older MG readers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I grew up in Kentucky so when I saw this, I knew I would definitely have to read it. Great pick!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. This book sounds really cute. I heard about it somewhere awhile ago and sort of forgot about it - must add it to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds like such a fantastic book. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!