Waiting on Wednesday (84)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
 

"New Girl"
by Paige Harbison
Harlequin
Release Date: Jan 31, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

WHY DID A SPOT OPEN UP AT MANDERLEY ACADEMY?


I hadn't wanted to go, but my parents were so excited…. So here I am, the new girl at Manderley, a true fish out of water. But mine's not the name on everyone's lips. Oh, no.

It's Becca Normandy they can't stop talking about. Perfect, beautiful Becca. She went missing at the end of last year, leaving a spot open at Manderley-the spot that I got. And everyone acts like it's my fault that infallible, beloved Becca is gone and has been replaced by not perfect, completely fallible, unknown Me.

Then, there's the name on my lips-Max Holloway. Becca's ex. The one boy I should avoid, but can't. Thing is, it seems like he wants me, too. But the memory of Becca is always between us. And as much I'm starting to like it at Manderley, I can't help but think she's out there, somewhere, watching me take her place.

Waiting to take it back.
  
A retelling of "Rebecca"! What do you think? 

What are you waiting for this week? 

15 comments

  1. Oooh. I have not heard of this one but WOW. It sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was reading it I thought "This sounds like Rebecca"
    LOL

    I think it could be awesome!! :D
    Love your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good! haven't heard of this one either! here's my post! stop by and let me know what you think of all my choices? :)


    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-lots-of-ya-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this one, but it sounds really promising. I like stories set at academies/boarding schools. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new one to me, but it sounds good! It must go on the list. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover sooooo much! I'm definitely checking this book out when it's released! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this sounds like a great book. But before I read it, I need to read the original Rebecca which has been in my TBR pile for an eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks really good! Thanks for letting me know about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting on this too - it sounds amazing and has an awesome cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love retellings!!! I wonder if this one will have the same creepy quality that REBECCA did. Great choice! I hadn't heard of this one, but now I want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE the cover of this one and it sounds brilliant/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!