"Lady of the Storm" Review

"The Lady of the Storm"
by Kathryne Kennedy

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: Aug 1, 2011 
Source: ARC sent by publisher

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  

Acclaimed for her world-building, in Kathryne Kennedy's new series love miraculously prevails over strife.
Storm lord's daughter Cecily Sutton's powers over sea and sky have put her life at risk. Giles Beaumont is reluctant to protect her, until he falls under her enchanting spell...

My Review:

This was such a unique concept with the mix of historical romance and fantasy. I thought there was an evenly balanced mix of both genres.

Sometimes the fantasy element was a little too involved for my liking, but there was a lot of romance as well. I would just have a lot of romance and a little bit of fantasy.  The romance was very sweet and heartfelt though, so I was happy with what there was of the romantic story.

Cecily was a great character, she had a nice inner strength, not to mention her supernatural powers. Giles was a  little bit cliched as the protector who couldn't get close to the woman he was protecting. I felt like I had seen that idea many times before. But, the romance was still nice and I did like Giles because he was such a sweet guy.


Main Characters: 4/5
Supporting Characters: 3/5

Setting: 3/5

Romance: 4/5

Uniqueness: 5/5
Cover: 4/5
Writing: 4/5



Bottom Line: I really recommend this book to fans of fantasy who also like romance because I think they will really appreciate this genre-defying book.


3 comments

  1. I am reading this one at the moment, not much left but I think I will save it for tomorrow :)
    And I do like the fantasy elements, but then that is my genre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that this book isn't purely a romance novel but has fantasy elements in it too. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Also, I’m a new follower— wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very interested in the fantasy elements. I'm glad to hear there is plenty of romance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!